Student Affairs Graduate Intern Opportunities
The Student Affairs Graduate Internship positions prepare students for a wide range of career opportunities in student services at the postsecondary level. This program provides students with the opportunity to develop first-hand knowledge of student affairs professions and gain hands on experience in many areas with the Division of Student Affairs. This experiential learning opportunity provides graduate students the environment to grow both personally and professionally. Working with experienced student affairs administrators, the interns will work to improve the quality of campus life, foster a safe, healthy and respectful environment, support academic achievement and success, and promote leadership and civic engagement.
Through the Student Affairs Graduate Intern program, students will have the opportunity for professional experience, self-reflective projects, and professional development. In addition, graduate interns will develop high-level of critical thinking, analysis, organization, and problem solving skills. Lastly, graduate interns will make positive contributions as student affairs practitioners, acquire an understanding of the complexities of higher education, and integrate research and theory of higher education into practice of student affairs work.
- Completion of a Bachelor’s degree by May 2016
- Acceptance as a matriculated student into a graduate program
- Ability to work independently and provide leadership for staff and students
- Ability to develop and maintain positive relations with students of diverse backgrounds and interests
- Strong communication and organizational skills
- Undergraduate experience in student leadership, planning and organizing activities, a commitment to student development preferred
- Tuition and fee waiver for up to 18 credits as a part-time graduate student at one of the CSU institutions (Fall, Winter, Spring, Summer)
- Graduate Interns who choose to be full-time students shall be required to pay full-time tuition and a portion of the University General Fee to cover accident and health insurance. All other University Fees will be waived
- Remuneration of $15,000
- 9-Month Position – $15,000
- 10-Month Position – $16,667
- 11-Month Position – $18,334
- 12-Month Position – $20,000
Timeline / Application Submission
- Application Priority Date – March 25, 2016
- Application Review – March 22-25, 2016
- Interviews – April 8, 2016 (please save this date)
- Start Date – August 12, 2016
Available Positions for 2016-2017
All positions for 2016-2017 have been filled.